Learn how to build self esteem in 8 ways. Self-esteem is how you feel about yourself as it relates to your value or worth. Many people base their self-esteem on the level of comparison with others. The point is that we compare ourselves to the best. We compare our intelligence to the smartest people we know. We compare our athletic abilities to those who work for a living.
We also downplay our strengths. We make it hard on ourselves to feel good about ourselves. The one person in the world that should always be on your side is you.
How to build self esteem and take on the world confidently:
1. Hang out with a friend who thinks you’re the best thing since sliced bread. We all have that one friend who makes us feel like we can take on the world. They find us fascinating and are not shy about sharing this fact. A quick party with these types of friends will boost your self-esteem.
2. Name your five best qualities. Ask a friend if they need help finding five. After making the list, give some examples of each quality. For example, if you have a good sense of humour, mention a few times you have displayed this quality.
3. Improve your appearance. Get a new hairstyle or add to your wardrobe. You can even just wear better clothes that you already have. Spend more time grooming every morning.
4. Talk positively about yourself. Tell yourself how amazing you are. Talk to yourself about your greatest achievements. Tell yourself that you are the most capable person you know. Make a list of 25 positive things you can say to yourself throughout the day. When you have negative thoughts, trust your list.
5. Stand up straight. Avoid laziness. Your emotions follow your physiology. Stand tall and you’ll feel better about everything, including yourself. This also applies to sitting. Sit up straight!
6. Learn something new that you can apply in your life. Expanding your knowledge in a valuable way will boost your self-esteem and confidence. You could start learning a new language that you can use in your career. Maybe a cooking class will help you trim your waistline and feel more confident.
Learning new skills has never been easier or cheaper. YouTube is an example of a free and almost unlimited resource. There has never been more free information available than today.
7. Start forming a new, positive habit. You might want to start exercising or have a salad for dinner every night. Maybe you want to start meditating. Taking control of your life in a positive way will improve your self-esteem.
8. Clean your house or office. It’s hard to feel good when your home and office look like a hurricane. Take some time to regain control of your environment. You will feel better.
I hope you found how to build self esteem in 8 ways helpful. There will always be someone with more money, better looks or a better career. That’s why it’s important not to compare yourself to others. Self-esteem is important for good mental health, success, and overall well-being. Be kind to yourself and take every opportunity to build your self-esteem.
Resources and tools
Learn How To Build Self Esteem With ‘Self Love Workbook’
Click below: Improve your self esteem Today!