Do you suffer from low self-esteem and wonder where your inadequacy comes from? Learn the causes of low self esteem. There are many potential sources of low self-esteem. . It has been said that we spend the last 60 years of life recovering from the first 18. In many cases, the first 18 years of life give our self-esteem a beating. Adults are not immune to self-esteem issues either.
Increasing your self-esteem will enrich your life in countless ways. Your social life, finances, and happiness can all grow.
10 causes of low self esteem:
1. Peer. This is especially true for school-aged children, but also for adults. It is natural to want to be respected and loved by your peers. Bullying, teasing and other social problems can lead to loss of self-esteem.
2. family. Some parents are not good people. Unsupportive, critical parents or other family members can damage a child’s self-esteem. It can then be carried over into adulthood. If your parents weren’t good enough, remember you’re not alone.
3. previous mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, but some people forgive themselves more easily than others. The past is the past. We are waiting for a new experience.
4. Repetitive negative thoughts. Negative thought patterns over years and decades can create a negative self-image. That’s why it’s so important to say positive things about yourself. Don’t underestimate the power of your thoughts.
5. Failure. Whether you fail to win a big game or win a big client, any perceived failure can lead to a loss of confidence and self-esteem. Re-examine how you perceive failure. Learn from your awful results. Just by continuing to fail in the same way, you become frustrated with yourself. If it doesn’t work, change your approach.
6. Unreasonable measures. Goals that are too big can lead to failure. Make sure your goals are challenging but within your reasonable limits. Being too passionate increases the likelihood of negative outcomes and poor self-esteem.
7. body image. Society judges people by their appearance. You probably do the same to yourself. Work to move your body toward the ideal of health, but accept that everyone is different and that change may take time. Women are more prone to body image problems, but men can also experience problems.
8. trauma. Trauma can take many forms: sexual, physical or emotional. All this can lead to low self-esteem. If you are experiencing the effects of a traumatic experience, it may be a wise decision to seek professional help. 9. Poor academic performance. School has a social component, but it should be about academics. Bad grades can be seen as a failure to get to school in the first place. Make sure your child has the academic support they need to succeed.
10. mass media. The media presents images of success and beauty that are not available to ordinary people. It doesn’t help that many of these images are fabricated and inaccurate. Holding yourself to unreasonable standards can make you feel bad. If you have to compare yourself to someone, use a reasonable frame of reference.
The causes of low self esteem are a common problem. Knowing why you have low self-esteem can help you find solutions. Everyone experiences low self-esteem days. But chronically low self-esteem can lead to depression. Explore your past to find the source of your negative self-image.
I hope you found these 10 causes of low self esteem helpful. Develop a plan for changing your feelings about yourself. Focus on the positive and let go of the past.
Resources and tools
Learn How To Build Your Self Esteem With ‘Self Love Workbook’
Click below: Improve your self esteem Today!